2nd stage: Verbal Examination
1. Compare and contrast the Buddha Dhamma and other religions in your mind and then expound on the following without criticizing or despising other religions…
A. The unique strong points of Buddha Dhamma.
B. The special benefits devotees may receive from the Buddha Dhamma.
C. The special strong points that can be used to great advantage in propagating Buddha Dhamma.
2. Please express how you yourself or others may practically apply Buddha Dhamma in solving…
A. Family relationships.
B. Decision-making in public affairs.
C. Management of disaster / crises.
3. How the following should be regarded from the point of Buddha Dhamma…
C. Appeasement policy.
4. A. 为何有＂大智若愚＂的说法？ 您觉得佛教应怎么看待这课题？
4. A. Why is there such a saying, “A man of great wisdom lies concealed, appearing like a fool”? How would you look at this saying from the perspective of Buddha Dhamma?
B. B. Analyse the saying from the point of tolerance and compassion.
C. C. Analyse the saying from the point of wisdom.
5. How do you think Buddha Dhamma regards the saying, “All people are born equal”?
A. Analyse the in-born intelligence and ignorance and wholesomeness and unwholesomeness.
B. Analyse the acquired attributes of diligence versus laziness and strength versus weakness.
C. Analyse the various encounters and opportunities in life.
6. Pleases explain the areas of incongruities to natural law in the following fields…
A. Democratic election of today.
B. The system of United Nations.
C. “Human Rights” of today.
7. Please suggest, according to Buddha Dhamma, how to avoid the problems caused by excessiveness of certain elements in the following fields:
A. Romantic love relationships.
C. Family love.
8. How to apply Buddha Dhamma to prevail over the use of war strategies and tactics?
9. If you were the leader of People’s Republic of China facing various challenges of rising in economics, politics, military, diplomacy, regional conflicts of sovereignty etc, how would you apply main principles of Buddha Dhamma in setting policies to tackle aforementioned issues?
10. According to Buddha Dhamma, all phenomena in the world occur due to causes and conditions. According to the law of Cause and Effect…
A. Please state the strong conditions which enable United States to become the world superpower.
B. If you were a good friend of the President of United States, how would you advise him about America’s weak conditions which have jeopardised or will jeopardise the interests of its people.